However, with June being Great Outdoors Month, that’s exactly what we have – just another reason to get outside and enjoy being active!
5 ways to celebrate Get Outdoors Month:
- Plan a healthy picnic in the park! Midweek, grab your coworkers and head outside to a local park for a home-packed picnic. Or make plans for this weekend to soak up some sun (and some vitamin D) while enjoying the great outdoors.
- Have a family campout! Not into camping in the woods? June 25th is the 7th annual Great American Backyard Campout, so you can enjoy the fun camping activities without every leaving your neighborhood. Encourage your neighbors to join you for a fun night sleeping under the stars.
- Explore your area! You don’t have to go far to enjoy the pleasures of the great outdoors. This month, schedule some time to explore the outdoor amenities in your area. Take a stroll after dinner, bring your dogs to a new dog park, and find out if your town is hosting any outdoor events this month (BONUS! For Great Outdoors Month, most events are family-friendly and FREE).
- Try a new outdoor activity! Is there an outdoor activity that you’ve always wanted to try? Great Outdoors Month is the perfect time to give it a try. From rock climbing to fly fishing, and kayaking to ziplining, you’re sure to find a fun activity that you love.
- Volunteer! There are many organizations that need volunteers to help with their outdoor needs this month. Reach out to your local Natural Resources department to learn how you can help keep your state’s outdoor areas clean and maintained. Make this a fun activity with friends, family, and a hearty grilled dinner afterwords!
No matter what you choose to do for national Great Outdoors Month, your mind and body will thank you for getting up, active, and outdoors.
JOIN US in Denver as we celebrate Colorado Get Outdoors Day at Denver City Park on June 14th!