Some people like to use holiday parties as a good excuse to be lenient with their weight loss plan, but between “friends-giving” and the countless holiday parties, those off-plan days can really start to add up! When you’re faced with a beautiful spread of holiday treats, ask yourself if that food item will help you achieve your long term health goals, or if it will only satisfy you in the moment.
Before heading out to your holiday festivities this year, make a promise to yourself that you WILL stick to your meal plan and you WON’T let the next few hours keep you from achieving your goals!
Healthy Holiday Tips
- Get Active – Even though the weather is getting cooler, there are many fun ways to get active through the holidays. Go sledding at a local park or make a giant snowman in your front yard, and try taking the stairs instead of the escalator while you’re out finishing holiday shopping!
- Ditch the Alcohol – The calories on alcoholic beverages add up quickly, and the way alcohol interacts with your body actually slows the metabolism of food, causing unnecessary weight gain. Read more about how alcohol causes weight gain in this article.
- Plan Ahead – Planning is one of the key components to successful weight loss AND a healthy holiday season. If you know that the dessert buffet is going to be a challenge for you to avoid, bring along your favorite sweet Thermo-Snacks®! If cocktails are your weakness, offer to bring along one of these delicious SlimGenics-approved holiday mocktails!
- Drink Plenty of Water – Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water, as dehydration can often be confused for hunger! Water also helps the body support a natural detox, and reduces excess bloating.
- Try New Recipes – Even if you’re trying to lose or maintain your weight loss, your holiday meals can (and should!) taste delicious. Using real food, and a little preparation, you can serve and enjoy a tasty holiday feast without feeling guilty about it the next day! Give one of these amazing Foodie Flavor recipes a try, and let us know how YOU plan to have a deliciously on-plan holiday by sharing tips and recipes on our Facebook page.