Did you know that 92% of New Year’s Resolutions fail? This is often because people create a list of unrealistic goals, and don’t hold themselves accountable to achieving them.
What do you want to accomplish in 2015, and how will you hold yourself accountable to achieving your goals? By now, you’ve most likely heard the term SMART Goals – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time based. These are excellent parameters for creating a list of goals that you can actually achieve! Take it one step further this year, with these 5 tips.
How to Set and Achieve Your Goals:
- Instead of simply thinking about what you’d like to achieve in 2015, make a list – a written list. Be detailed and clear about what your goals are!
- Make your plan of action, including deadlines and specific steps you’ll take to ensure your success.
- Tell a friend or family member what your goals are, and ask them to hold you accountable! Goals become much more real when you include another person, and knowing that they’ll be checking in with you will be motivation to stay on track.
- Keep your written list in a place you’ll see it frequently, and be sure to review it daily. This will help you stay on track so you don’t fall behind on any of your goals.
- Reward yourself when your successful, and celebrate your achievements! Knowing that you’re working towards a tangible reward will help you to stay focused and motivated.