There are tons of delicious fall foods that are on-plan and so good for you! Fresh produce always tastes better when it’s in-season, and you might even be able to find what you’re looking for at a local farmer’s market. Print out this “SlimGenics-approved” produce list when you go to the grocery store and welcome fall with a harvest of tasty food.
Best Slimming Foods for Fall
- Apples. An apple a day keeps the fat cells away! A perfect grab-and-go snack, apples are loaded with pectin – a fiber that’s especially filling.
- Sweet potatoes. These veggies keep you full without filling you out. Great as a dessert with cinnamon and Stevia® sprinkled on top, these low glycemic index vegetables help stabilize blood sugars and prevent cravings. Give these Sweet Potato Cupcakes a try!
- Tuscan kale. A healthy and hearty vegetable, kale has fiber, folate, iron and vitamin K. Sprinkled with Morton® Lite Salt and pepper and baked, kale makes crispy “chips” that are only 35 calories per cup!
- Cauliflower. Pureed cauliflower can be added to soups as a thickener. It adds texture and creaminess without added calories! A good source of potassium and fiber, it will keep you full as well. This Braised Cauliflower Curry is the perfect recipe to try this fall.
- Kiwi. A small, sweet snack in the perfect portion size, kiwi fruit has only 46 calories. With fiber and water, kiwi keeps you and your sweet tooth satisfied.
- Tangerines. Put some segments in your salad for a sweet burst of citrus goodness! Plus, the vitamin C boost will help ward off winter colds!
- Broccoli. Rich in vitamins A and C as well as calcium, broccoli is a great soup or salad add-in. Starting your meal with broccoli, especially in a soup, can translate to fewer calories consumed in one sitting.
- Grapefruit. An all-natural weight loss aid packed with fiber to prolong digestion, stave off hunger and prevent cravings. It delivers nearly 100 percent of your daily vitamin C requirement, making this a fall staple!
- Grapes. Ripening in summer, grapes taste the best in fall. Freeze these little sweet treats for a refreshing, almost indulgent snack!
- Eggplant. As harvest continues into fall, eggplants look shiny and ready to eat! Try adding this versatile vegetable into Italian dishes or grill it with other fall harvest veggies for a colorful meal!
How will you use these slimming fall favorites? Let us know on the SlimGenics Facebook page!
© SlimGenics, LLC 2014-2016